DNS issue with site assets
Incident Report for Chit Chats
Postmortem

A network engineer double-entered a DNS host name into one field resulting in a missing A record for one subdomain. The change was done somewhat in haste to try to overlap with a change to the production content delivery network and he didn't properly review the changes.

Unfortunately both his workstation and all our office machines also have IPV6 so we did not immediately notice the lack of an A record; it only affected other sites.

Posted 11 months ago. Apr 30, 2018 - 19:00 EDT

Resolved
We made a production change today to help with a recurring support issue. Unfortunately the change resulted in a problem serving the site's images and style sheets for a short while. The cause of the problem has been resolved. Please hit reload in your browser.
Posted 11 months ago. Apr 30, 2018 - 18:50 EDT